Worth the Wait

"The longer you wait for something, the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for." - Anonymous

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Having HOPE through infertility

Today is Sunday and while at church I was thinking of a couple of scriptures and a word that has helped me with infertility. Recently we had a FHE with our friends and the definition of HOPE was read. Definition- Hope is the confident expectation of and longing for the promised blessings of righteousness. I LOVE this definition. It is spot on of how I feel . And how I SHOULD feel. It even has the word "longing for". I always thought that when you hope for something it just meant you wanted it. HOPE is much more than wanting something. It is a CONFIDENT EXPECTATION. I should EXPECT the promised blessings my heavenly father has promised. It seems like I should have figured this out a long time ago. I think deep down I knew all of this but it wan't until I heard this definition it became so CLEAR. Having children is a commandment from God. Genesis 1:28, "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth......". Therefore it is a righteous longing for. This leads me to a scripture that has been a comfort to me through this process. 1 Nephi 3:7. "....I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." Awhile ago I attended the temple with the purpose of starting a family. I had some time to wait and came across this scripture. I felt so strongly the truthfulness of what Nephi says. In my case the Lord has prepared the technology of IVF so I could keep the commandment found in the scriptures. Im very grateful the Lord has guided us to find our doctor and those that are helping us start our family. Im early in this journey but see the Lords hand in my life guiding us. For some people the Lord has made it possible for them to adopt. For others they are able to conceive naturally. However it is, he Lord will prepare a way. This scripture has comforted me through many heartaches and helped me to accept the news that we would be doing IVF. I am also aware that through prayer the Lord has guided us to the point we are. I know that if we keep that line of communication open with our Father in Heaven he will help us find the way he has prepared for us to fulfill those things he has commanded. I have been blessed through this process with faith. I have received many priesthood blessings and in one I was blessed to be able to have the faith I need to have a family. At first I thought it was an interesting thing to be blessed with. I guess I thought I had to have faith all on my own and kind of thought I already did. So when I was blessed with it I was a little surprised but I am ever so grateful for that blessing. With FAITH miracles happen. Ether 12:12, "For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore he showed not himself until after their faith." I find so much comfort from the scriptures, the power of the priesthood(in particular priesthood blessings), and most of all my Savior. There is also the story of Rachel and the story of Sara that show infertility is not new to the world. There is something to learn from going through these experiences and Heavenly Father has a purpose for all of us. Im grateful for my infertility and the things I have learned from it. I pray that I can continue to be blessed with the hope and faith I need to endure to the end. :D I do have a confident expectation that I will be a mother because the Lord has promised that blessing to me and I LONG to be a righteous and loving mother some day.
Love,
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment