Worth the Wait

"The longer you wait for something, the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for." - Anonymous

Sunday, January 26, 2014

DAY 3 Embryos (a Buttload)

Yesterday my embryos were at day 3! It is a significant day in embryo growth. The Embryologist will look at them under the microscope and see how many of them are progressing at the right rate. They want the embryos to be between 6-10 cells on day 3. I waited ALL day for that phone call :D I of course called them first at 3 to make sure they hadn't forgotten about me. They ended up calling me around 6. I was with my sister-in-laws in the car. We were stopped luckily because Haley was so excited she probably would have had to pull over anyways to look at the numbers I was writing down. It was fun to be with them to get the news. I have seriously loved going through this process with all my family and to see their excitement too. Carolee(my niece that is 9) said the dinner prayer last night and prayed for us to be able to have a baby. It was super cute and I have been told by other siblings and friends that their kids pray for us to have babies too. So sweet. I know we have had so much success because of all the faith and prayers from so many people in our cause. Thank YOU! So lets here about more of this success. We heard Thursday that 39 fertilized and yesterday they told me how many are in the right range. Here are the numbers. 
1 9-cell 
14 8-cell(I believe the exact words of my IVF coordinator were "a buttload of 8-cells")
2 7-cell
9 6-cell

Yay!!!!! We have 26 Embryos in normal range at this point!!!! Like my sister said, "Grow babies grow!!" My coordinator was very optimistic about having plenty of embryos to be able to freeze some. That is wonderful news. I never realized how hard IVF is on your body, I know its different for everyone but Im hopeful I wont have to go through the whole entire process again. I saw a cute onsie that said "I survived the ICE AGE". Hahaha my future babies will be tough kiddos ;) Even though this process can be uncomfortable there are many things to relieve symptoms though and survive this short time of treatment. I enjoy a daily French Vanilla Whey protein shake with a banana, peanut butter, ice and a little water(mixed by the one and only blend tech). I keep a gatorade with me at all times and replenish those electrolytes. I don't drink anything besides gatorade, powerade, propel, and my morning whey protein smoothie of course. My blue heating blanket has become my new best friend. The recliner has become my bed and helped me breathe through the night. I also eat TONS of fiber throughout the day. Different kinds of fruit, fiber bars, fiber supplement and on Saturday MiraLax saved my life. (TMI but If it helps someone else who becomes "backed up" from the meds its worth it to tell you). Also my hubby(such a sweetheart) has been rubbing my shoulders and back with an analgesic menthol rub(over the counter). For some reason my shoulders ache and my back. It feels similar to when I had my laparascopy and all the gases were leaving my body though my shoulders. I've also noticed Im always hungry. Not sure why but I just want to eat all the time! Even when Im stuffed. I look huge and the eating probably doesn't help but Im just going to embrace everything! ALL of this is WORTH IT for a chance at my dream. 

EAT AVACODOS. Why? because they are simply delicous. Also I have read on many sites that eating avacodos "triples" your chance of IVF working. Nobody from my doctors office has said anything about eating avacodos and I think that if it really tripled your chance of it working they would have told me. BUT I figure, why not? I love them anyways so im going to eat them! 

Baby dust to all!! Tomorrow is a big and exciting day for us!! Two beautiful embryos will be placed in my uterus. Our appointment is at one p.m. They told me they will give me valium when we get there and then after the procedure I will need to lay there for 20 minutes before we leave. We are driving all the way home to St. George right after and picking up my sister in Richfield on the way. The doctor said it was okay and to just recline the seat back and put my feet up. Tomorrow in my eyes I will be pregnant for the first time. I know I will have two fertilized embryos inside of me. There is a lot of responsibility I feel already. I just want to take care of them and I want them to grow and be healthy. Thanks again for all YOUR prayers and thoughts. LOVE LOVE!!

Gina 



No comments:

Post a Comment