Worth the Wait

"The longer you wait for something, the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for." - Anonymous

Thursday, January 23, 2014

39 baby Rombergers!!!!

The babysitter(Embryologist) finally called!!! They retrieved 53 eggs yesterday at retrieval and out of those 41 were mature!! The did ICSI on all 41 and today 39 were actually fertilized!!! Those are GREAT numbers!! They expect about half of those to make it to a blastocyst(day 5). The two that look their best will be transferred on Monday afternoon most likely. Then they will freeze all the other good eggs! We are sooo excited!!! Right now I have 39 baby Rombergers!!! I love my babies already!! I think it will be neat if I can have all of my children from this batch. When my kids are older I will be able to tell them that they were ALL conceived on the SAME day! Jan 22 2014!! hahaha that makes for a confused child on how a baby is made. I love it though and am so excited to start bringing these sweet children into the world. So if I over time have all my children from the same batch then they would technically be considered triplets octuplets etc. It makes for an interesting story. Maybe I will have twins 3 times. That would be great. 6 kids pregnant 3 times. I am so excited to see what the future holds. Thought I would share with you my exciting news!!!
Im still super super bloated and uncomfortable and will start having side effects from progesterone Yay... but its ALL worth it!
I came across this article today on surviving the 2 week wait. Here it is:
 http://www.resolve.org/support-and-services/pregnancy-after-infertility/surviving-the-2-week-wait.html
Here are some of my thoughts. I have already told Gavin that if it doesn't work that he just needs to remind me its all a process and it takes most couples 3 rounds of IVF to get one BFP(Big Fat Positive). So I feel mentally ready if it doesn't work. I will still be devastated but I will also have hope at the same time. Also I have told Many Many Many people about my cycle. I have decided I will just announce my pregnancy very early. If I am not pregnant I am ok to tell people it didn't work. I don't think the questions will be too hard. I think it is nice people are thinking of me and I know their prayers and words can comfort and help heal my heart. For me it is more stressful to try and keep everything so secretive(doing IVF, when we are doing IVF, If im pregnant, if im not pregnant, how im feeling, etc) No I dont share updates on Facebook but my friends and family all know what is going on in our lives and it has been a blessing beyond measure. I think that if we have to do it again I might not tell people when because now that I have been through it once I know I can do it. Im not scared of the unknown anymore and hopefully next time will just be a frozen embryo transfer so it wont entail as much and it will be cheaper. Anywho I am just taking it easy the next few weeks and relaxing. My sister is so sweet and taking time off of work to come stay with me and take care of me. My doctor wants me to be on bed rest for the first two days after egg Transfer. Only get up to use the restroom. And then I am on a weight restraint after that so I am not working for 3 weeks total. It will be nice to have my sister here to hang out with and keep me behaving. I know I will want to get up but she will make sure I do everything in my power to make her an auntie. So I will have plenty of time to look through more baby names and read what to expect when you are expecting and decide how to announce my pregnancy.

Good luck to everyone going through infertility. May the lines be ever in your favor ;)
Love
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment