Worth the Wait

"The longer you wait for something, the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for." - Anonymous

Thursday, January 23, 2014

2 Weeks Pregnant!

There are 40 weeks of pregnancy. The first two weeks are actually BEFORE conception. So technically since my babies were conceived yesterday at around 10 am I am two weeks and one day pregnant!! Only 38 more weeks to go! And the countdown begins! Now to wait, and wait, and wait. Im used to the waiting game when it comes to having a baby though so nothing new! Today I am waiting eagerly for a phone call to find out how many of my eggs actually fertilized. Gah!

I mentioned in my  post yesterday how I was feeling. Update: I did not sleep well at all last night. I don't think I was as aware as I needed to be of post egg retrieval. It is normal to be soooo incredibly bloated especially when you have over 20 eggs retrieved. I had 53! So needless to say I slept on the recliner because I couldn't lay flat and breathe at the same time. Kind of important to breathe. I woke up a few times in the night to pee and because I was so uncomfortable. I am now a little more comfortable with a heating pad and drinking lots of gatorade and taking my fiber and whey protein.

Interestingly there are NOT very many ideas on pinterest on how to announce an IVF pregnancy. It isn't the same as announcing a regular pregnancy because pretty much everyone I know already knows we are doing IVF so they are just waiting with me to find out if its positve or negative. They want to know as soon as I do and I know I can't keep secrets. Therefore I plan on telling super early that Im pregnant. Normally I would wait 14 weeks but IVF isn't the same. I will be missing 3 weeks of work due to the nature of my job (lifting heavy instruments, pushing carts, pulling, holding retractors, on my feet for 12 hours). So when I go back to work I will have JUST found out myself if I am preggers or not. I want to announce almost immediately because EVERYONE will be asking anyways. I can't lie and say it didn't work. I have thought about saying, "I will let you know when there is something to share" but that just tells them Im pregnant. I had the same kind of issues when I debated whether or not to tell people we were doing IVF. I wanted to keep it a secret so I could surprise everyone but it is such a process. It was hard to just have normal conversations with friends and not tell them the thing I was thinking about 100 percent of the time. I have been so glad with my choice to just tell everyone. I have received so much support its been a huge blessing. We have had so many people praying and fasting for us. I know it helps. It was a super hard decision and is different for everyone but if you are debating telling people just know It was a wonderful experience for me and I am very happy I have told so many people. I think one of the fears is if it doesn't work. But the way I see it that if it doesn't work I am going to go through a sad phase and I am typically a very happy person. I want people to know what I am going through so they understand why I am sad and can help me by allowing me to be sad for a bit. I also think that if Im going to be pregnant even if its just for a short time I want to finally share in the enjoyment of announcing it! If I waited and lost the pregnancy before I had the chance to announce it I think I would be even more devastated. So there are some of the reasons I have chosen to do the things I've done and will do.

Wishing baby dust to everyone who is ttc. LOVE YOU ALL and again thanks for reading my story :)

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment