Worth the Wait

"The longer you wait for something, the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for." - Anonymous

Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Two Week Wait after Egg Transfer

The two week wait!!! Im into day two of my two week wait. This whole time I've been going through the steps and been focused on each thing to follow. Turns out that my next step is a pregnancy test. AHH!! The scariest part of all and its so far away!

I am now DONE with my two week wait. Never finished my last post, sorry! I was on bed rest for the first few days and then on a ten pound weight restraint for two weeks. My sister stayed with me for the first week so I felt like I was pretty much on bed rest for the first week. Due to my job duties I had a lot of time off because my job requires me to lift more than ten pounds. It has been nice because I know now that I will have no regrets if I get a negative pregnancy test. I will know I did everything in my power to make it work. The second week was the hardest because my sister was gone and I got bored easily especially after being cooped up for so long already. I was relaxing a lot before my egg transfer because I got overstimulated and the five days after egg retrieval I slept in the recliner and didn't do much except moan and groan. I caved and started taking pregnancy tests 3 days earlier than my scheduled beta test. Mostly for my insanity. I am not going to disclose at this point whether or not those tests were positive or negative and what my blood pregnancy test was but stay tuned. Coming soon.

I have been eating super healthy since egg transfer because I know the vital organs are developed in early pregnancy and how important it is to eat right. With IVF I have a special opportunity to know exactly when my baby is conceived so I get to eat healthy and "ACT" pregnant early on. In fact. I had a lot of fun saying im one week pregnant when I was one week before egg retrieval. And day of egg retrieval saying im two weeks! HAHA it was fun. At work someone asked why I was wearing the pregnancy lead and if I was pregnant and I said I will be in two weeks!!! Awesome reaction. Some things with IVF are actually pretty FUN!! I also knew early on that that months eggs would be my babies so I was super careful at work and wore the pregnancy lead long before egg transfer.

Things I've been eating:
AVACODOS(supposedly increases chances of IVF success so why not?! they're delicious)
Mangos (Good source of fiber)
Spinach (Great source of Folic Acid)
Chicken (Healthy source of protein)
Yogurt (Greek yogurt has twice the protein of regular yogurt)
Cottage Cheese(Good source of protein in early pregnancy)
Citrus fruits (mostly clementines)
Baby carrots (Good to eat if you are naesous and trying to cook, also try putting a piece of apple in your mouth while trying to cook and smells are getting to you)
Cucumbers
Tomatoes(open face sandwiches on whole wheat with a little salt)
Peppers
TRYING to avoid chocolate(caffeine is NOT good during pregnancy especially EARLY pregnancy)


Im SO Glad the two week wait is OVER!!! Good luck to you if you are in your two week wait. Try to enjoy this time to relax because now that im returning to work I realize it wasn't so bad being cooped up for a few weeks. Though I am happy to return to work so I guess just tell yourself it will be over before you know. Enjoy the moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment