Worth the Wait

"The longer you wait for something, the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for." - Anonymous

Monday, February 17, 2014

Beta HCG at 4 weeks 5 days pregnant post IVF

Today was an emotional roller coaster. I woke up happy but still had my cramps. Around noon I went to the restroom and to my horror there was blood!!! I thought if I was going to have implantation bleeding it would have happened 5 days ago. I text my dear husband and he immediately called me. I couldn't help it and I started crying. He offered to come home to be with me but I told him I would call the doctor to make sure everything was okay. I called a couple times and got their answering machine so I just left voicemails. Thats when I somewhat lost it. I went into my bedroom and prayed and cried. The thought of losing this baby was so scary. I want this baby so much and I want to be a mom. Gavin told me that whatever happens he loves me and everything will be okay. We can do it again. I also talked to my mom and dad and sister and a couple friends. Between all of them I was able to accept whatever would happen and realized that stressing would do more harm than good and it was out of my control anyways. I told a couple of my besties about what was going on and they told me to go see a doc. Its kinda hard when my doc is in Pleasant Grove and Im in St. George. Sooo I decided to go see the doc I will go to at nine weeks when Dr. Foulk turns me over to an OB. I called the office and told them Im a new patient and they fit me right in. Made me an appointment for 2:50. They did a beta HCG test and said they would call with the results. The nurse remembered me from when my mom went to them over 3 years ago with my baby sister!! Dr. Chalmers said I was like VIP there. It was great to feel so comfortable and welcome already!! Im excited for the future! So I just got a phone call from my IVF coordinator with the results.

My HCG levels were 343 last Thursday and today they are 1961!!! That is a good sign!!! :D Im glad I went to the doc and now I feel a lot better. Im still cramping and having sharp pains. My coordinator told me the sharp pains are my ovaries. My uterus is stretching and confused. It wants to shed the lining but the HCG levels are telling it not to so for the first few weeks of pregnancy its common to have cramps. I just can't wait to hear a heartbeat!!! I am trying to not tell too many people yet. I would really like to hear a heartbeat first. At the same time I want to shout it from the roof tops!!!

Baby dust to everyone TTC! I hope you get your BFP soon too!! I don't think reality has really set in that Im pregnant yet. Its funny the second you find out your pregnant you worry even more than before. Im sure hearing the heartbeat will help but im also thinking I will always be waiting for the next step. So my goal currently is to just ENJOY being pregnant and EVERY step. (Even the scary ones)

Looking forward to Feb 26. Thats the day we hear the heartbeat!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment