Worth the Wait

"The longer you wait for something, the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for." - Anonymous

Monday, January 15, 2018

Frozen Embryo Transfer Day!

Today was a special day! Transferred two little embabies that have been frozen for almost exactly four years. 
If you look closely you will notice the little snowflake embryo on the left is hatching. It is trying to find something to grab on to. Praying it grabs on to its momma! The embryos are thawed about three hours before transfer time and they watch them to make sure they are viable. These two snowflakes are day 5 AB grade embryos. They are from the same batch my twin 3 year old boys are from. 

     Unfortunately my husband had to go back home to St. George while I went up to Pleasant Grove for the transfer because he has a kidney stone! Poor guy! We used to always joke about the fact my husband doesn't even need to be there when I get pregnant. Today it became our reality. When these things happen you just have to embrace them and realize they are all part of your story and journey. Knowing my husband and I we will make many many jokes about this in the future. I definitely cried when we made this decision sitting in the Emergency Room in Fillmore but in reality he wouldn't be able to drive because of the pain meds and I cant drive because of the Valium. Luckily I have an amazing support system. So much of my family stepped up to the plate to take care of kids, take care of my hubby, and to take me to my appointment. It was special my sister was able to be there and we face timed Gavin. 

Dr. Foulk is incredible. He helped me to have my twin little boys and he is so great at making these moments special. I am so grateful I found him and his clinic. UFC (Utah Fertility Clinic) in Pleasant Grove is where we go and I highly recommend it to others going down the road of infertility. utahfertility.com

       Transfers are very special because you literally receive a little growing embryo. Or TWO in our case. We transferred one a couple months back, got pregnant and then quickly miscarried. That is how we decided to transfer two this time. Increase our odds and our doctor recommended it. We now have 8 remaining frozen embryos. I was so fortunate to have 53 embryos retrieved during my Fresh cycle 4 years ago. By day five we had 13 good embryos that had turned into blastocysts and we transferred two. Now twin boys that are 3. 


THINGS TO KNOW FOR TRANSFER DAY 
* Wear warm socks, you want to keep your body warm so you have good blood flow to your uterus and the room can be a little chilly
* Wear comfortable clothes so you can easily get dressed afterwards and relax 
* Dont forget you need a semi full bladder. I almost peed right before but luckily a nurse reminded me as I was heading for the restroom 
* At my office they have you bring your valium with you and take it 30 minutes before your transfer 
* Have some healthy snacks ready for after. I made sure to have some fresh pineapple cut up (helps for implantation). I had some to go olives for good fats. I had a 5 hour car ride home afterwards so I had some easy snacks for the car. I also had a bag of walnuts for their good fats. 
* Dont drink ice water or eat anything cold. It takes more blood supply to digest cold foods. Drink room temperature water. 
* Dont wear strong perfumes or lotions, the embryos are sensitive. 

                                                     My fuzzy socks and comfy sweats 

Remember to have positive thoughts. I kept a simple affirmation in my mind that my body was ready for these little embryos and I am ready to protect them so they can stick and grow. 



THINGS TO KNOW FOR AFTER A TRANSFER
*my doctor has you take 3 "Princess days", basically rest and just get up to use the restroom and get snacks" 
* After the three days you can resume normal daily routine with a few exceptions
-No lifting more than 20 pounds
-No exercise that makes you break a sweat or contract abdominal muscles
-Take it easy until Pregnancy test and once pregnant continue to be careful with lifting and exercise

In my case my doc wants me to take it a little easier since I miscarried last time. For me returning to my normal daily routine wont happen until after pregnancy because I am an avid outdoors girl who loves to Hike, play volleyball, and workout. It will be a big change for me to take it easy. I am going to try to maintain a healthy weight with eating clean and mild exercise like walking and some yoga. 

Now here is to surviving my two week wait. One of the longest two weeks ever! I am going to try to stay busy with homework, visits from friends and family, and some good movies and shows. 

STICKY THOUGHTS!!!! 


1 comment:

  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete