Worth the Wait

"The longer you wait for something, the more you'll appreciate it when you get it. Because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for." - Anonymous

Friday, April 11, 2014

Finding out we were expecting twins


This is really Happening!!! I've had two ultrasounds and I love seeing my babies! I haven't blogged for awhile and really need to update. I want to post first off about our first ultrasound where the pregnancy was confirmed and we found out we were expecting twins!

I had been having really bad cramping and so I was a little afraid of an ectopic pregnancy. I had my blood drawn a few times but It still wasn't REAL that I was pregnant. So needless to say I was so excited for my ultrasound. Feb 27. Leading up to this point I really felt like I would be having twins. I could never just say baby. I always had to say babies. Gavin however was trying to prepare me for anything and didn't want me to be sad if it was only one. He also really did not think we would have twins. We showed up to our appointment and checked in. They got us back in five minutes. Dr. Chalmers said hello and was excited for us to find out. Gavin took a seat in a chair and I was totally expecting a vaginal ultrasound since I was only 6 weeks 6 days. The Ultrasound tech said we would try doing a belly ultrasound first and if we didn't see anything then we would try a vaginal. I was pleasantly surprised but also somewhat thought we would still have to do a vaginal ultrasound. She goobed up my belly and put the ultrasound wand on my belly and IMMEDIATELY my TWO little babies popped up on the screen. She didn't even have to look. There they were. Tears came to my eyes and I was overcome with joy. I don't even remember anything else the tech said because I was just so relieved and happy and excited. Dr. Chalmers stepped in and raised his arms and shouted a hooray. He left and the tech finished with measurements.  I looked over to Gavin and he was gripping the chair with his hands and staring at the screen saying nothing. He looked so shocked. I asked him if he was excited and he said yes just really shocked. The tech stepped out and said to come meet with Dr. Chalmers. I got up and wiped off my belly. I walked over to Gavin, who was still gripping the chair. I asked him if he was okay and he said, "I feel like my heart is going to come out of my chest." haha I looked at him and said you are in shock. haha I helped him up and we met with Dr. chalmers. I cried again and then we left.

We were so excited that we just couldn't do anything. Gavin didn't want to go back to work because we were so excited. We wanted to tell everyone in a fun way but decided we just wanted to tell everyone! We began making the phone calls to my mom and dad and siblings. We went over to Gavin's moms work and showed her the picture and she started crying and gave us hugs. Then we went over to Gavins dads work and showed him. He gave me a hug first and asked me if I was okay ha and then Gavin was like give me a hug dad. We were really enjoying telling everyone the news. We went upstairs to my work and showed all my friends and coworkers my pics and that we were having two! Then Gavin decided he should go back to work so then we walked around his work telling everyone he knew! It was awesome.

Im SOOO excited for my TWINS! Gavin is also VERY excited now that he is over the shock factor :D

I wouldn't want my life any other way. Without IVF we probably wouldnt be having twins. I know that everything is happening the way it is supposed to and so grateful for these two miracles in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment